8th March 2016: Citroën launches a sharp new compact SUV – The C4 Cactus
CITROEN has an answer to the questions of the day with the C4 Cactus being a real alternative to conventional compact hatchbacks.
In the fiercely competitive C-segment, with its apparently immutable design cues, the CITROEN C4 CACTUS stands apart with a unique design that is both functional and attractive. This original vehicle, based on a “design to value” approach, meets a specific challenge: to bring customers more of what really matters.
This approach sought to integrate the latest generations of powertrains and to significantly reduce weight in order to increase efficiency and thus reduce the fuel consumption of the CITROEN C4 CACTUS.
The CITROEN C4 CACTUS also stands apart for its wide range of innovative technologies, designed to make every day driving easier.
A significant range of personalisation options will be available at extra cost and include: coloured Airbumps, coloured roof rails and door mirrors, wheel rims, colour body highlights, interior options and a range of vibrant exterior colours.
Taking into account all possible combinations a total 23,184 Cactii combinations exist – with all being offered by Citroen Australia to customers that pre-order their vehicle before the end of the year.
The Cactus will also bring with it a range of innovative technologies paired to unparalleled customisation and Citroen’s leading 6 year warranty, service and support program.
Locally, C4 Cactus will be offered with two drivetrains, featuring stop-start technology as well as:
- PSA’s highly awarded PureTech 81kW, 205Nm 1.2L turbo-petrol three-cylinder engine paired to a five speed manual transmission or,
- A 68kW, 230Nm 1.6L turbo-diesel paired to a 6 speed semi-automatic transmission.
Drivetrains aside, Citroen designers and engineers aimed to develop a vehicle that turns convention on its head, delivering unique solutions to issues surrounding modern motoring.
The response to the design brief is captured in five key developments:
- Airbump®, an innovation by CITROEN. Useful, attractive and customisable, this graphic feature enhances vehicle design while protecting the bodywork;
- A fully digital, intuitive interface and airy, connected driving position with controls grouped around a 7-inch touch screen, fitted as standard;
- Wide sofa-style seats at the front;
- Front passenger airbag transferred to the roof (Airbag In Roof technology), an exclusive that creates more room and storage space for the front passenger;
- An optional panoramic glazed roof with advanced heat protection;
As standard Exclusive petrol models will feature:
- 81kW, 205Nm 1.2-litre turbo petrol PureTech drivetrain with manual transmission;
- 7” Touch Screen with eMyWay Satellite Navigation;
- Reverse camera with rear parking sonar;
- DAB+ Digital Radio with 6 Speakers and ARKAMYS Digital Amplifier;
- Bluetooth connectivity and USB input;
- Automatic Lights & Wipers with Magic Wash;
- Climate control air conditioning;
- Cruise Control & Speed Limiter with Favourite Speed Memory;
- Cornering Fog Lights;
- 17” Bi-tone Cross alloy wheels with 15” Steel spare tyre;
- Tyre pressure monitors;
- Electronic assistants (ABS/EBD/EBA/ESC/HSA);
- Six airbags (front driver, roof passenger, front sides & two curtain);
- Bi-tone leather steering wheel with chrome insert & controls;
- Height adjustable driver’s seat;
- Electric front windows and pop out (6cm) rear windows;
- Electronically adjustable mirrors;
- PLIP with central locking;
- Seatbelt unfastening warning on all seats;
- Piano black roof bars, mirrors, blank rear insert & rear spoiler surround;
- Centre console and armrest with storage;
- Ventilated disc brakes front and drum brakes rear;
- Top box 8.5L storage compartment;
- Black Airbump;
- 12 volt socket and cup holder in cabin;
- Front sun-visors with driver’s courtesy mirror;
- 60/40 split rear seats;
- Guide-me-home lighting, selective unlocking and auto rear wiper in reverse;
- LED Courtesy and Map Lights.
Exclusive diesel models will feature the following over the Exclusive petrol:
- A 68kW, 230Nm 1.6-litre turbo-diesel drivetrain with six-speed semi-automatic;
- “Easy Push” Gear Selector and paddle shifters on steering wheel;
- Aircraft-style manual handbrake;
- Bench seat with armrest.